Update 3: Welcome SDA readers (lets all test my unlimited bandwidth quote on my hosting package!)
Update 2: Fixed… now with population distribution AND income %
Update: It’s wrong (sort of). The original % are of returns not income. Working on a fix (it’s worse than this!).
I have been wanted to generate this for a while but SDA finally got me off the couch. SDA gets results!
- 2009 data
- watch the reference tables – they duplicate some income brackets
- The split is really Bottom 52% Top 48% and the others are pretty close
The income cut offs and number of returns (again approximate) are:
- 746,000 Canadians paid $0 in taxes
- 48% = <$35,000 (14,560,000 tax payers)
- 52% = $35,000 (10,400,000 tax payers)
- 38% = $80,000 (2,562,000 tax payers)
- 28% = $100,000 (1,416,000 tax payers)
- 17% = $150,000 (526,000 tax payers)
- 11% = $250,000 (188,000 greedy rich bastards!)